KEEN “Protest Subscribe & Win” Promotion
Important: Please read these rules before entering this online Promotion.
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Description: The “Protest Subscribe & Win” Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 00:01 hrs Central European Time on 19 October 2023 and ends at 23:59 hrs. Central European Time on 31 October 2023 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted outside the Entry Period are void. The promoter of this Promotion is KEEN Europe Outdoor B.V. (“KEEN”). KEEN’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open to residents of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, and the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland), who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority under applicable law) at the time of entry. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by KEEN in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of KEEN and its parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each are not eligible to win any prizes. Limit (1) entry per person. Entrants must be able to access the internet and must have a valid email address.
- Disclaimer. KEEN, other providers of any prize, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for any of the following where caused by factors beyond their reasonable control: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential prize winners may be required to provide KEEN with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the relevant winning entry. KEEN reserves the right to disqualify, in their sole discretion, any Entries that appear to be generated by a macro, script or other automated means.
- Entry: To enter the Promotion, visit https://www.keenfootwear.de/pages/keen-x-protest-subscribe-win or https://www.keenfootwear.de/en/pages/keen-x-protest-subscribe-win during the Entry Period and fill out the entry form with your e-mail address. KEEN reserves the right not to consider for the Promotion any entry KEEN deems, in its sole determination, to be inappropriate or ineligible. By entering this Promotion you are agreeing to receive emails from KEEN (KEEN Europe Outdoor B.V.) and Protest Sportswear (Dekker Olifanta BV) from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Prizes: There are (2) prizes to be won. Prizes are awarded solely on the basis of chance. The prizes each consist of one (1) pair of KEEN Zionic shoes, and one (1) jacket, one (1) pair of pants, and one (1) mid-layer from Protest Sportswear. Actual model, colour, accessories and features of the prizes awarded shall be selected by KEEN and Protest Sportswear in their sole discretion and may vary from photos used in advertising. The estimated retail value of each prize is €454.97 and €424.97. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. All prizes are awarded “as is” and without warranty of any kind. No prize transfer, assignment or substitutions are permitted. KEEN reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Odds of Winning; Taxes: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize winners are solely responsible for all taxes, registration, title, fees, license duties, insurance and all expenses in claiming, registering and using their prize. This may include sales taxes and property taxes. KEEN is not liable with regard to taxes and fees for the prizes.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Potential prize winners will be selected between 1 November 2023 and 15 November 2023 and notified within three (3) days of selection. Potential prize winners will receive an email notification from KEEN. To claim a prize, potential prize winners should follow the instructions contained in the notification and reply within five (5) days of attempted notification. As a condition of being awarded any prize, potential prize winners will be required, within five (5) days of receipt of documents from KEEN, to verify their correct address and execute and deliver to KEEN any legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by KEEN in its sole discretion. Failure of a prize winner to respond or execute and deliver such documents within the specified time may result in forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner of that prize from the remaining eligible entries. Only up to three (3) alternate winners may be chosen otherwise the prize in question will remain un-awarded.
- Publicity Release. Except where prohibited by law, entry by the nominator into the Promotion constitutes permission for KEEN to use nominator’s name, home town, likeness, and voice for promotional activities connected to the Promotion without further payment or consideration. Subject to prize winner’s consent, KEEN may use prize winner’s name, home town, likeness, voice, and prize information for promotional activities connected to the Promotion without further payment or consideration. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of being awarded any prize, the prize winner may be required to execute a consent for KEEN to use their name, home town, likeness, voice, and prize information for promotional activities connected to the Promotion, including but not limited to announcing them as a prize winner and other reasonable post-Promotion publicity, without further payment or consideration.
- General Release. Insofar as is permitted by law, KEEN and the Released Parties will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate entrants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the Promotion or taking up a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or the Released Parties. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Disputes: This Promotion and these Official Rules shall be governed by the law of your country of residence without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may provide the application of the law of another jurisdiction and the parties both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the country of your residence.
- Binding Effect: By participating in this Promotion you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (which may be amended or varied at any time by us with or without notice) and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Official Rules, the Promotion and/or the results and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Copy of Listing of Winners; Rules Request: For a list of prize winners and their location, send an email with the subject line “Protest Subscribe & Win Promotion Winners List” to email@example.com after 15 November 2023 and not later than 31 January 2024. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send an email with the subject line “Protest Subscribe & Win Promotion Official Rules” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copyright Notice. KEEN is a trademark of KEEN, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2021 by KEEN Europe Outdoor B.V. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of KEEN (the “Promoter”), which are final and binding in all respects. KEEN reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond KEEN’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or KEEN otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to KEEN, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined by KEEN’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. KEEN reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
- Promoter: KEEN Europe Outdoor B.V., Vasteland 100 3011 BN Rotterdam, the Netherlands.